This is the privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) that governs how we, BioNanoSim (BNS) Ltd. (“BioNanoSim” “we”, “our” or “us”), use Personal Information (defined below) that we collect, receive and store about individuals in connection with the use of our website, any sub-domains and any other website that we operate (together with all sub-domains, content and services, the “Site”)
By accessing our Site, you (“you” or “user”) are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and consent to our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of data that identifies or is associated with you, as a natural person (“personal information”), as described herein.
Updates to Privacy Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the amended Privacy Notice on the Site. Please review the Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on the Site.
Data Controller of your personal information
BioNanoSim is the data controller of your personal information, and BioNanoSim is responsible for, and controls, the processing of your personal information. If you wish to contact us, you can find our contact details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Personal information collected
In the context of using the Site, we may collect information about you. This information regularly includes the following:
- If you contact us (via the Site or via phone, email or letter): your name, e-mail address, IP address, information on our communication with you and any additional information you provide us with.
How we collect your personal information
Your personal information is collected in many ways which may include:
- Personal information you provide to us. Information you provide us directly, such as when visiting the Site or communicating with us. You are free to choose which information you want to provide to us or whether you want to provide us with information at all. However, some information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number are necessary in order to be able to contact you in response to your request. Without providing this information, you will not be able to contact us.
- Personal Information we collect from others. We may collect personal information about you from third parties services. For example, we may receive information about you when you interact with the Site through various social media, for example, via LinkedIn or by logging in through or liking us on Facebook. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Site.
How will we use your personal information
The reasons for using your personal information may differ, depending on the purpose of the collection. Regularly, we use your personal information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- If justified by our legitimate interests. The usage of your personal information may also be necessary for our own business interests. For example, we may use some of your personal information to evaluate and review our business performance, create financial statements, improve the Site or to identify potential cyber security threats. If necessary we may also use your personal information to pursue or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- If you provide your consent. In certain circumstances, we may ask you to grant us separate consent to use your personal information. You are free to deny your consent and the denial will have no negative consequences for you. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time, after granted, with effect going forward. If you have granted us consent to use your personal information, we will use it only for the purposes specified in the consent form. This also includes our marketing campaigns.
- If you sign up to our email newsletter, when providing us with your email address to allow us to use this email address for email marketing or when providing us with your Facebook messenger account, we will use your personal information in our email marketing campaigns or in our Facebook marketing campaigns, respectively. You may unsubscribe from our email newsletters or from our Facebook marketing campaigns at any time by following the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of our marketing emails or on the Facebook marketing campaigns. You may also contact us at the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice to request that we remove you from any of our marketing campaigns.
To comply with legal obligations. We are obligated to retain certain information because of legal requirements, for example, tax or commercial laws.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we have collected them. We will not use your personal information for other purposes. We do not use your personal information for automated individual decision-making.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Service providers and advisors. Third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include marketing campaign services, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, IT services, product fulfilment, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytics services. These third parties include: Amazon Web Services, Google, etc. Any such service providers will by appropriate data processing agreements be bound to only process the data on BioNanoSim’s behalf and under its instructions.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction. Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of BioNanoSim’s shares or assets, financing, reorganization, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of BioNanoSim’s business, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons. Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; and/or (b) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of BioNanoSim, our users, or others.
How long do we store your personal information?
We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect the personal information, in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. Storage is also subject to the exercise of your rights and choices, as detailed below.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Cookies and other tracking models
Cookies are small data files that we transfer to your device’s hard disk (your computer or smartphone) when you visit our Site. Cookies are pieces of code that allow for personalization experience by saving your information, such as user ID and other preferences.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Site; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on the Site (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance the Site.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the essential operation of the Site such as to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited, the links you have followed and may also gather information about your online activity after you leave the Site. We will use this information to make the Site, the advertising displayed on it, and the marketing messages we send to you more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties who provide a service to us for this purpose.
- Third party cookies. Please be aware that advertisers and other third parties may use their own cookies tags when you click on an advertisement or link on the Site. These third parties are responsible for setting out their own cookie and privacy policies.
How to manage cookies?
We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools, such as but not limited to Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site and to understand more about the demographics of our users.
Your rights and choices
You have the following rights in respect to your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your personal information.
Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to obtain restriction of the processing undertaken by us of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as, where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period of time enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to portability. You have the right to request that we transfer personal information collected about you to another organization under certain conditions.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. You can object to marketing activities for any reason whatsoever.
If you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
The Site is not targeted or directed at children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, or if you want to exercise your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at BioNanoSim (BNS) Ltd., Jerusalem BioPark, the Hebrew University-Hadassah Ein Kerem Campus, P.O. Box 12182, Jerusalem 9112101, Israel.
Last updated: July, 2020